Personal: b. 1951, Dallas, Texas.
Education: Vanderbilt University, B.A. 1973, North Texas State University, M.Ed., 1975.
Family: Husband: David Maxson; 7 adult children.
Previous Employment: President, Converse College, Spartanburg, SC.
- Board of Trustees, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Vice Chair of the Board for Resource Development for the Board of Directors of the Council of Independent Colleges
- Past Chair, Council of Independent Colleges in Virginia
- Past Vice Chair, Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges
- Board of Directors, Private College 529 Plan
- Serves on the American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment Steering Committee
- Presidential Sponsor, Virginia Network of the American Council on Education’s Office of Women in Higher Education
- Received an honorary doctorate of human letters from Presbyterian College in 2002
Gray, Nancy Oliver, "Nancy Oliver Gray" (2005). Hollins University Presidents. Paper 11.